Thursday, December 21, 2006

I didn't yell once.
I must be mellowing.

When I am working very hard (shampooing carpets) it is easy to lose my temper.
But, I didn't.
Hooray.

And behind me I hear the fan blowing and blowing away at the wet spots...and there are still pieces of furniture and baskets of books all over the kitchen.

But the carpets are clean.
And I feel fine!

Yes, I am moving at a hen's pace. Pecking off one thing at a time.

Then, last night was topped off beautifully by a sweet Chrismas serenade by the Awana children.

The children sang a few songs, the lights were dimmed and a small portion of Luke was read...and that was it.

It was sweet.

Katie and I always wave at one another just before the performance starts.
She likes knowing where I am...and I like that she knows where I am :o)

Oh, sometimes the most simple things are the sweetest.


*************


I was sent a little humor via email last night.
Thanks, Randy.

Enjoy!

Subject: Neologisms
Once again, The Washington Post has published the winning submissions to its yearly neologism contest, in which readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for common words.

The winners are:
1. Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one coughs.

2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have
gained.

3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat
stomach.

4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.

5. Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.

6. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you
absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown.

7. Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.

8. Gargoyle (n.), olive-flavored mouthwash.

9. Flatulence (n.) emergency vehicle that picks you up after you
are run over by a steamroller.

10. Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.

11. Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.

12. Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified bearing adopted by
proctologists.

13. Pokemon (n), a Rastafarian proctologist.

14. Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation with
Yiddishisms.

15. Frisbeetarianism (n.), (back by popular demand): The belief
that, when you die, your Soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.

16. Circumvent (n.), an opening in the front of boxer shorts worn
by Jewish men.



Do you have a favorite?

I like 2,9,10.
And #10 reminds me of a very funny scene in "A Fish Called Wanda"

K-K-K-Ken.


**********

And one more piece of good news.
Our Patrick is home.

He and his father will go to the Packer game tonight.
It may be Brett Favre's last home game....ever.
We hope not.
(Rumors abound that Brett may retire)
But if it is his last game,
Patrick and Patrick will witness Packer football history.

I hope they win.
And I hope Brett stays.
I can't imagine football without Huck Finn in cleats.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.