Tuesday, December 06, 2011

easy food.

That's it!!!

There is slow food, there is fast food, there is fancy, hoity toity, elaborate food.

And then there is my kind of food.

Easy Food.

My sister Sue once showed me how to make baklava. She combined two recipes.
It turned out perfectly. But I was never brave enough to try it on my own. I was confused by the recipe combination and the filo dough.

My friend, Lynn, showed me how to make Pad Thai.
I was never able to duplicate it. Too many steps. Too many ingredients. Too many stores to shop for
just the right noodle. I loved that Pad Thai. No doubt about it. But it is not my skill set.

My skill set is easy food.


The fewer ingredients the better.
And those ingredients better be available in one place.

If the recipe calls for fresh ginger or fish sauce.

fo-get-abow-it.

If the chocolate in the recipe has a % of cocoa.
I'm lost.

If the cookies need royal icing...no way Jose.
Not gonna do it.

Oh! Don't get me wrong, I will eat anything you cook and I will shower you with praise if you make a plaid Christmas cookie.
But as for me and my kitchen...

I like to make something that I know will turn out.
I like to make something that is delicious.
I'm not looking for a challenge.


I like to make easy food.


Peanut Butter Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats


DSC_4388

One. One Ingredient.


DSC_4391


Two. Two Ingredient.

DSC_4397


Three, three easy ingredients, ah ah ah!



(Easy Cooking with Miz Boo aka Cooking with The Count)


DSC_4401

Ta-dah.


So, let's review.

1 package of Nestle Butterscotch chips
1 cup of good peanut butter
6 cups of Rice Krispies

Melt chips and peanut butter together in microwave.
Pour over Rice Krispies. Mix.
Pour into 8 x 8 pan.
Refrigerate until they are set. (about an hour)
Take out of fridge.
Cut.
Enjoy!


That, my dears, is easy food.
Delicious and perfect, easy food.


Encourage one another,
Miz Boo...the easy chef.

haha

1 comment:

  1. Amy J in WI1:55 PM

    I love your writing, Donna. I was a fan of The Count back in the day :).

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.