Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Remembering Maya

“I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life." I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 
~Maya Angelou



Rest in Peace, Maya Angelou.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful words.


Encourage one another,
Donna



DSC_1486-8 copy






15 comments:

  1. such a beautiful soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Donna,
    I just loved MA, too. I read many of her books and was inspired by her compassionate and wise spirit.

    hmbalison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between laundry and the next chore I sat for a moment to glance at Facebook and saw a new post was up.

    The words you have shared by Maya are precious and wonderful. And I am saddened to think that this amazing woman has passed.

    Thanks Donna, for honoring her here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say Amen and amen to this post. I will never forget seeing her on TV with Oprah's first book club. She barely knew who Oprah was or the power of TV to us ordinary housewives. I think we taught her something that day, as she had a look down from her academic cloud. I think it enhanced her way of communicating and made her more accessible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:26 AM

    Her voice enchanted me. Her writing put my own thoughts into print. God bless your soul Maya.
    love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:43 AM

    RIP, dear Maya. Thank you for sharing your heart and wisdom. We are the richer for it.

    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this, Donna. Good words! May light perpetual shine upon you, dear Maya.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed to read this today. Powerful. Thank you.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:27 AM

    I still remember when I read I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. I was so moved by her story and amazed by the pain and ashes she had risen from to become such a beautiful spirit. Like jep, her voice enchanted me. She could read a poem like no other. May she rest in peace.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful soul ... she will be greatly missed. I am thankful to have "known" her in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. marianne dourley7:52 PM

    Donna, very long time reader, first time commenter. Just wanted to let you lnow i copied this to my facebook, but gave you credit. Keep this blog going, it is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this, Donna. She was a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:53 PM

    Her lens on the world was so wonderful to look through. I wish I had read her stuff more years ago, but I'm certainly going to savor it now. - Stef

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.