Friday, July 23, 2004

Five Favorite Meals

Yesterday I took dinner to a mom with a new baby.
I took Chicken Noodle Soup, Cinnamon Swirl Bread, Lettuce and Ranch dressing and homemade cookies.
The last time I sent a meal to a friend, I sent Chicken Noodle soup too.
I think this will be my standard 'shut-in' meal.
I won't have to think about it, torture over it...just make it.

What are your favorite things to send to friends who need a meal?
What do you make for your family for breakfast?
What do you make for your family for lunch?
What do you make for your family for dinner?
What is your best dish?

Donna's Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

4 chicken breasts
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1-2 stalks of celery
a little onion
some carrots
medium egg noodles
Water, up to the top

Put everything but the noodles in the crockpot.
Cook all day. One hour before serving, shred the chicken and toss in a big hand full of noodles. Finish cooking and serve.

*Parsley would be nice...if I ever had it in the house.


Comments

Did you ever notice when you visit my archives that the comments say (0)?
Well...the comments are all still there.
They are a great source of fun for me and if you are like me, click on the Zero and enjoy.

Ken Jennings, the Energizer Bunny of the Jeopardy World

He keeps going and going and going....
Read all about it.

I have been watching Jeopardy for 20 years. Being a five day champion is a big deal.
Such a big deal that they have perhaps 20 or 30 in a year (total guess)...then along comes Kenny.

If and when he wins today he will go home for summer hiatus and come back in the fall to play some more. (Jeopardy is taped two days a week, five games a day.)

Astonishing!

Don't forget the Friday Five.

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.