Thursday, July 08, 2004

Quick Update

Ethan is home and resting up.
He awoke in the middle of the night and quickly started acting like himself. (Bossing the nurses...says his mom)
All of his tests came back normal.
He will go back for a check up tomorrow.

Ethan's dad was very grateful for the little bit we were able to help.
We watched little one year old Amelia as her mommy went off in the ambulance with Ethan.

It's amazing how quickly young children can feel like aliens to you when you haven't been around one in a while. (Plus we have just met this family...the poor mom couldn't even remember my name)

Amelia toddled around so sweetly...our sassy cat hissed at her...and I really had to wrack my brain as to what to feed her.

She has four teeth so she had a bagel :o)
and some applesauce...

We quickly had to put everything UP and guard the cabinets.

Emma and I are pretty quick studies. hehe

But thank you all for your prayers...

I believe in the power of prayer. I believe God can and does heal us; physically, spiritually and emotionally.

And it is especially powerful when we pray with others.

"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, there I am in their midst."
-Matthew 18:20

*********

Does anything help with those nasty mosquito bites on the eyes?
We don't have any benedryl in the house...



************

All in All

O God, immortal, invisible, I remember with gladness and thanksgiving all that Thou has been to this world of men:
Companion of the brave:
Upholder of the loyal:
Light of the wanderer:
Joy of the pilgrim:
Guide of the pioneer:
Helper of labouring men:
Refuge of the broken-hearted:
Deliverer of the oppressed:
Succour of the tempted:
Strength of the victorious:
Ruler of rulers:
Friend of the poor:
Rescuer of the perishing:
Hope of the dying:

Give me faith now to believe that Thou canst be all in all to me, according to my need, if only I renounce all proud self-dependence and put my trust in Thee.
-John Baillie, A Diary of Private Prayer

Ah..it's that trust issue again.

Trust. 'Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.'
-www.dictionary.com

Trusting,
Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.