Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Monday Night at the Movies

We watched Starsky and Hutch last night. Pretty funny...great music!

Did anyone really watch that show when it was on the television in the 70's?
We didn't.

While I'm not fond of cop shows...never have been...not even Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blues, I do love Medical Dramas.
Don't ya miss St. Elsewhere, Chicago Hope, and Marcus Welby?

Sweet Poems for your little ones to memorize.

The Cow

The friendly cow all red and white,
I love with all my heart;
She gives me cream with all her might,
To eat with apple tart.

She wanders lowing here and there,
Any yet she cannot stray,
All in the pleasant open air,
The pleasant light of day;

And blown by all the winds that pass
And wet with all the showers,
She walks among the meadow grass
And eats the meadow flowers.
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Bed in Summer

In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle light.
In summer, quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
Still going past me in the street.

And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.