Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Something to mull over....


From Called to Obedience by Howie and Denny Dowell

Letting Christ Satisfy and Fulfill You

*understand and believe that Christ is all you need to be fulfilled
*understand that desires are not needs
*is focusing on obedience to Christ and trusting in His Character, commands and promises.



Deep, spiritually challenging words, I know.

But words of wisdom, like those above, are what get me thru the very toughest times,
especially trusting in His Character.

In a world filled with pain, suffering and confusion it is hard to really grasp the idea that God loves us.

Believing the Bible is True is critical.

Once I was certain the Bible was God's word I was able to sincerely believe His promises and trust Him.

I'm also certain I wouldn't have been able to do any of this(trusting and understanding) without the Holy Spirit guiding me along.

It seems so very complicated but I think it is as difficult and easy as abiding.


John 15:1,7

Abide in me, and I in you.

He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:for with out me ye can do nothing.


abide

satisfy


"Thus, if you have really handed yourself over to Him, it must follow that you are
trying to obey Him.
But trying in a new way, a less worried way. Not doing these things in order to be saved, but because He has begun to save you already.
Not hoping to get to Heaven, as a reward for your actions, but inevitably wanting to act in a certain way because a first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you."

C.S.Lewis


Oh how I love that...first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you.

Sometimes it may seem like just a dull burning ember....
but on a good day..

it's that first faint gleam.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.