Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ugly

(The Twits by Roald Dahl)



My idealistic self thinks this is the nicest thing I've read in a few days.

You see, my stomach is like this ladies, and there may be a few people who see
the sunbeams, but in general, in our country, our culture, I find that
95% of the people don't even look up at your face to see those sunbeams.


Last night on Million Dollar Decorators, one of the decorators said
he went to the gym every morning, 'because no one wants to hire a fatty.'


I can't say I am able to even look at the sunbeams in my own face and believe Dahl's wonderful
sentiment.

It is a wonderful ideal. It is touching and sweet and sentimental.

I'd like to live in a world where it was true.
I'd like to believe it.
For reals.



Encouraged to look for the sunbeams.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.