Friday, October 07, 2011

jobs


Funny thing; for me this was what I was thinking when I stayed home with our children.
Not one career goal, had I.

My heart and intuition told me what to do.


This kind of advice bothers me a little. I think it can be hurtful.
Circumstances don't always allow us the freedom to choose to follow your heart and intuition.


But Steve Jobs was saying this to college graduates, on their graduation day.
It was appropriate for the occasion.


I still think it is the lucky ones who can follow their dreams.

And even then it is not all butterflies and rainbows.
Because bad things happen.
Real, unexpected, out of your control...life happens.

Where is this heading?

I started out thinking about how fortunate I am that I got to do what I wanted for most of my life.
But gosh. Many things could have prevented that from happening...that would have been way out of my control.

Perhaps being aware that you should proceed in the direction of your dreams...but
you better also know that you are not in control of some really, really big things.


What if my desire was to be a mother and I was infertile and too poor to adopt?

I would have to readjust my dreams. My heart and intuition would be kind of crushed, wouldn't it?

What if I wanted to be a singer....and I had an average voice?
What of my heart and intuition then?

I don't know.

It's something I've actually grappled with for many years. That, going in the direction of my dreams even tho I know that
I am ultimately not in control.

It is really hard, isn't it?

So you know what I do and where I get my peace about this?

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.



If I can look back at the decisions I have made and know that they have been made with love and
prayer and obedience, I have peace.


Everything is going to be alright.

You can always dream new dreams...




What do you think?



confusedcook



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.