Friday, October 21, 2011

20081024_2075-2tra

Three years ago.
That's when this picture was taken.

My camera was a D80 back then.

I was sure having fun experimenting with my camera.

Learning, learning every day.


Here is something I learned yesterday; Just before you turn on your dishwasher, run the water in the sink until it is hot.
This way your dishwasher will start out with hot water.

I tried it and it worked.

My dishes were cleaner.


***

Yesterday afternoon, in an effort to distract myself, I watched Miss Potter.

I have not heard much about his movie. But it is a very nice movie.


I won't show you the trailer because they tell the whole story. I loved learning about Beatrix Potter's life thru this movie and don't want to ruin any surprises.

It's really a beautiful, touching story.


I don't know why I was not curious to find out more about Miss Potter sooner.
The first nursery I decorated, way back in 1982 was all about Peter Rabbit.
I made curtains from Peter Rabbit fabric and I am sure sister Sue gave Patrick a Peter Rabbit stuffed animal.

Patrick's baby china was also Wedgewood/Peter Rabbit.


"But round the end of the cucumber frame, whom should he meet but Mr. McGregor! he jumped up and ran after Peter, waving a rake and calling out, "Stop thief!"

Those are the words from the edge of the bowl and ingrained in my mind.


Screen shot 2011-10-21 at 8.37.05 AM

Miss Potter is the most successful children's author of all time.
Rather remarkable.




for my homeschooling friends....

“Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality. ”
― Beatrix Potter


“Believe there is a great power silently working all things
for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest.”
― Beatrix Potter


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.