Thursday, January 05, 2012

On Christmas Eve I over heard my husband and his brother talking about
legal movies. They were trying to remember the title of the movie about the case in
Escanaba Mich. After tossing around Witness for the Prosecution and Anatomy of a Murder,
they concluded it was Anatomy of a Murder with Lee Remick and Jimmy Stewart.

Two days later Witness for the Prosecution was on TMC and Patrick and Katie and I watched it.
I just found this movie about a year ago and it is a dandy.
Highly recommended.

It's funny but legal/trial movies are a genre of films.
I guess I never really thought of them in a group.

I found a list of 25 legal movies on the ABA website.

I chose my favorites from their list.


1. To Kill a Mockingbird.

The best.

2. 12 Angry Men

Classic

3. My Cousin Vinny

Funny

4. Anatomy of a Murder

Jimmy Stewart, Lee Remick. UP.

5. Inherit the Wind

Gene Kelly and Spencer Tracy
Clarence Darrow trial

6. Witness for the Prosecution

Classic. Must see.

7. Philadelphia

Moving. Tom Hanks. Joanne Woodward. Denzel Washington.
Neil Young song that
will break your heart.



Bruce Springsteen won the Academy Award for Best Song from this movie.
But Neil's song is the winner in my heart!

I challenge you to watch that and NOT cry.

That old video is gorgeous and genius.


8. Erin Brockovich

This really is good.

9.The Verdict

Great Paul Newman

10. Presumed Innocent

I love this movie. Harrison Ford

11. Kramer vs. Kramer

The best. Dustin, Meryl.

12.Miracle on 34th St.

Delightful conclusion

13. Liar, Liar.

This is not on the ABA list. But how can you not remember Jim Carrey's hilarious courtroon antics.



14. The Rainmaker

This is also not on ABA list. This is a good movie. David vs. Goliath.

A Few Good Men is, of course on their list, but not on mine.
Can't tell you why I don't like it.


For the full list;


25 Greatest Legal Movies


Happy movie watching!!


Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. if you saw how I spelled prosecution you would lose all respect for me.
what a loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.