Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Feast

Appetizer
How would you describe your personal comfort zone?

Soup
What is your favorite tree?

Salad
List 3 foods you'd like to include in your dinner plans for tonight.

Main Course
What is the best advice you've ever been given, but didn't heed?

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest), how much attention do you feel comfortable receiving from others?


Birch trees are my favorite trees for a number of reasons.

I love the white bark that you can use for paper and I love the way the leaves flutter.

When I was in 6th grade all of the students in our school(or was it just the 6th grade?) received a tiny Birch sapling on Arbor Day.

My father laughed as I came home with that weak little sapling...from what he said...they all died when planted.

Oh well. I wanted to try with my little birch. So I planted it in our backyard. And probably tended it with neglect. But that birch grew and grew and grew and grew....and it is still growing.

I have a few pictures of myself and my sisters sitting under that birch tree...only six years after it was planted! Such a fast growing tree!

It is beautiful and it is a survivor.
It is the Arbor Day tree that lived!

I'm off to Sign Language...

See ya in the comments...this afternoon :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.