Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Yummy Recipe for a Winter Day

Nancy's Cheese Broccoli Soup

1/2 c. celery, chopped
1/3 c. onion, chopped
1 1/3 c. broccoli, chopped
2 T. butter
1 c. cooked noodles
3/4 c. water
4+ slices American cheese
2 t. chicken bouillon
3 1/2 c. milk
salt and pepper to taste


Boil in the water; celery, onion, butter. (until soft)
Add bouillon and slice the broccoli right into the pan. (I use mostly the florettes)
Cook until tender.
Add cheese.
Add cooked noodles.
Add milk.


Be very careful not to curdle the soup.
I used six pieces of cheese and forgot the butter the last time I made the soup; it was still perfectly delicious!

Thanks for this delicious recipe, big sis Nancy!


**********

O Lord, renew our spirits and draw our hearts unto Yourself, that our work may not be to us a burden but a delight; and give us such a mighty love to You as may sweeten our obedience. O let us not serve You with the spirit of bondage as slaves, but with cheerfulness and gladness, delighting in You and rejoicing in Your work.

Benjamin Jenks

********

And, hey, if you would like to dish about the Amazing Race or American Idol...feel free to leave your comments :o)

I did not care for the song choices last night on Idol...and did not get to watch all of it. My hubby was watching The Amazing Race (which overlapped with Idol) with me...which I loved :o)

Those two lazy dudes are going to be fun to watch and will probably win, don't you think ;o)

The Southern gentleman is a head case, I'm afraid. Slightly intense. I hope he doesn't end up like Jonathan!

The geeks in love started to get on my nerves....and the older couple gave me flashbacks of "Meredith!!!"...

The challenge was....challenging! Patrick and I would not have chosen the motorcycle...but the helicopter leg confused me. But hey, any time you get to fly around in a helicopter...I say...do it!

Wasn't it interesting how unhelpful the people were in Sao Paulo??? The people in other countries would have helped those girls....or even the men looking for directions. That was very interesting to me.

Ah well...the race in on :o)


Enjoy the soup! You really must try it!

Katie is better today! She will get to resume activities and she is very happy about that! Thanks for your care and concern :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.