Monday, May 29, 2006




I have signed up for the Summer Reading Challenge 2006!

Just a few more days to sign up if you are interested.
Do so here.

I have chosen books from Semicolon's list of 63 Best Fiction Books.


Crunchy Cons by Ron Dreher I have heard so much about this book! I've read a few chapters and am finding it good reading.

The Hawk and the Dove by Penelope Wilcock Recommended by two great readers:Semicolon and MamaT.

Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell Don't know why...just thought it would be a nice read.

Right Ho, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse I hear Wodehouse is very funny.

An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser My sister Sue read this in high school and told me the whole story. I then saw the movie with Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift called A Place in the Sun. Such Drama.
I have placed An American Tragedy at the end of the summer... I want to recover from The Picture of Dorian Grey before I enter the mind of another troubled young man.


Maybe I will force Emma to listen to me read Seventeenth Summer...
It is her 17th summer, ya know :o)
I'll let you know...perhaps I will read her the 'good parts version'.




*********

In other news...

I have completed the two weeks of the Fat Flush and lost 14 pounds.

I will follow the diet suggested in the book for Phase Two. (That means I get to add one piece of whole wheat bread a day (or starchy veggie)) Yippee!

I will not continue drinking the cranwater as it makes me gag.

I can't say I see a difference in my physical appearance, but I am very pleased to be on the road to better health and the possibility of swimming with the children some day in the future, wearing something other than my black skirt and black pants, and not being so self-conscious about my weight. :o) (I am too ashamed to wear a swimsuit or even shorts)

For those of you just starting the Fat Flush;

You can do it! It's a great plan and it works if you follow the rules.
Two weeks is over before you know it!



My 30 year love affair with Diet Dr. Pepper is a thing of the past.

My husband said that the garbage men will think I have died because there is not a bag of crushed Diet Dr. Pepper cans waiting at the curb to be recycled.

It's pretty remarkable how I don't miss it at all!


*********

Memorial Day blessings to you and your loved ones!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.