Friday, October 19, 2007

Appetizer
If you were a dog, what breed would you be, and why?

Soup
What does the color purple make you think of?

Salad
Approximately how long does it take you to get ready each morning?

Main Course
How many cousins do you have, and are you close to them?

Dessert
Take your initials (first, middle, last) and come up with something else those letters could stand for. (Example: SFO = Sweet Funny Otter)


"Well, I - I think that it - it wasn't enough to just want to see Uncle Henry and Auntie Em - and it's that - if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! Is that right?"
~Dorothy





DSC_2147
I went outside to take a picture of this brightly colored tree blowing in the wind.
A took a walk around the yard, to see what I could see.


DSC_2145

DSC_2149


Oh! Hi Katie :o)
DSC_2097-2

A CHILD'S HYMN
Charles Dickens

Hear my prayer, O heavenly Father,
Ere I lay me down to sleep;
Bid Thy angels, pure and holy,
Round my bed their vigil keep.

My sins are heavy, but Thy mercy
Far outweighs them, every one;
Down before Thy cross I cast them,
Trusting in Thy help alone.

Keep me through this night of peril
Underneath its boundless shade;
Take me to Thy rest, I pray Thee,
When my pilgrimage is made.

None shall measure out Thy patience
By the span of human thought;
None shall bound the tender mercies
Which Thy Holy Son has bought.

Pardon all my past transgressions,
Give me strength for days to come;
Guide and guard me with Thy blessing
Till Thy angels bid me home.


I have had that poem saved for the longest time and I don't think I ever shared it here.

Maybe I thought it was a teeny bit morbid and perhaps heavy for a child.
But who am I to argue with Dickens?

So here it is.

I think you can handle it :o)

What do you think?


See you in the comments!

Encourage one another,
Donna

And Greys Anatomy! I almost forgot. It was very good wasn't it.
Camille's plot line broke my heart. Wasn't that well written.

And then McDreamy's proposal!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.