Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday's Feast


Appetizer
When was the last time you were surprised?

Soup
Fill in the blanks: My eyes are ________, but I wish they were __________.

Salad
If you were a Beanie Baby, what would you look like and what would your name be?

Main Course
Name two things you consistently do that you consider to be healthy habits.

Dessert
What brand of toothpaste are you using these days? Do you like it? Why or why not?



*************

And just so you know...


Thinking and driving do not go together.


On the way home from Target yesterday afternoon....
I was thinking and thinking...I think I was thinking about photo shoots.

But I'm not really sure.

All I do know is that while singing along to Madonna on the radio I finally looked in my rear view mirror and there were all sorts of flashing blue and red lights.

I put on my blinker, slowly pulled over and snuck my seat belt into place.

(Yeah. I'm a naughty girl like that)

Officer Steve introduced himself. I introduced myself back :o)

"Hi, I'm Donna"

(Most Friendly, 1975)

So officer Steve says, "I stopped you because you were speeding and after that you ran the stop sign."

(Oh good. It wasn't the seat belt.)

"Do you know the speed limit on Nesbitt?" said Steve.

"I think it is *think*think*think* thirty-five." I say.

"Well, it is thirty-five up to Fitchrona Rd., but then it becomes thirty."


I still don't know how fast I was going.

Then Officer Steve mentions the unfortunate rolling thru the stop sign issue.

"I can not even remember going thru that stop sign. I don't know where my head was.
I normally stop at stop signs. (I do not defend myself about the speeding because I AM characterized by going over the speed limit."


"What did I actually do? Did I even slow down?" I query.

Officer Steve describes my un-stop.

I have no recollection at all of this. And chalk it up to being lost in my thoughts.
(Not Alzheimer's)

The officer heads back to his brightly blinking squad car.

I wait patiently as Officer Steve checks out my record.

When he returns he informs me that I was going forty-six.

(Oh darn. I know what that means. More than 15 over is costly.
And I have no idea what rolling thru a stop sign costs. At least one-hundred dollars, I bet.)

He is going to just give me a warning about the un-stop.

(phew)

But he does not lower the speed and gives me the full ticket for speeding.

"Drive Carefully and Slow Down" He says.

"You betcha." I say.


Not really.


So I drive off trying to spot the dollar signs on the computer generated ticket; trying to see how much this thinking has cost me.

And yes. I was driving and reading.

I can't find the little spot with the 'fee' until I get in my garage.

What do you think I was charged for speeding on my way home from Target?







$186.00


EEEkkkk!

That is a lot.

It's not like I can argue it tho.

It's just really weird that I don't have any recollection of the whole incident.


Like I said before....


Don't think and drive.



DSC_1843
I took this yesterday.
Katie is a good sport about it.
Cause who can look this pretty and happy....

when you are really feeling like...

It's itchy!

She says she was Itchy von Itchy. That made us both laugh.


See you in the comments. The Friday Five is a little odd today.

But I always like to talk about Greys on Friday morning too :o)

And by the way....perhaps we should start calling Izzy, McKissofdeath.



Encourage one another,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.