Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Prima Latina.

Katie will take her first test in Prima Latina this week.
I say this week because she is so little and there is no reason for her to take the test until I think she is very very ready.

I would rather go over the material with her for five days in a row so that she will have a positive testing experience. And I think she will learn about studying too.

At the dinner table Katie and I tested Emma. Oh! It was so fun.
Emma has forgotten some of the basics like 'What letter of the English alphabet is missing from the Latin alphabet?'

Emma would look at me with a puzzled expression and Katie would cup her mouth and whisper "W". Too cute.

Earlier in the day I suggested to Katie that she study before bedtime.
Last night,I kissed her good night quickly and ran back downstairs to catch the ending of Dancing with the Stars.

It wasn't until 11:00 when I finally made my way to bed that I noticed on the floor, amid the bunnies and Junie B. books, her Latin book.

What a good little student.


*********

About Dancing with the Stars.....

I am so glad the voting viewers go it right. So glad.

The worst two were in the bottom two last night.
And it was a good thing.

Wayne was voted off the dance floor and hopefully Floyd will be the next to go.

Although, Floyd looks so defeated, I started feeling sorry for him.

My advice to Floyd; work on your posture and lines. Period.
Do the simplest dance in the world. But do it with style.
Stand up, buddy. Look at your partner and point your toes.

Okay?
Okay.

****************


Who Has Seen the Wind?
by Christina Rossetti

Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you;
But when the leaves hang trembling
The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I;
But when the trees bow down their heads
The wind is passing by.


spellbound

Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame!
William Butler Yeats



“The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind, The answer is blowin' in the wind”
Bob Dylan (American folksinger, b.1941)



The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.
John 3:8






Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.