Saturday, October 20, 2007

DSC_2168

Here's the little hat I made to take to Audrey Woulard.

Let's see....what size head will it fit?

I'd say a five year old.

It is tight on Katie.

I used this pattern;

Stitch Cafe Hat Pattern

But, truely, that woman, lovely as she is, must have a teeny head. I cast on with the yarn recommended and used one size smaller needles (cause I couldn't find eights) and it is really small.

This is the pattern I used for Patrick's hat. (I found it in my archives) and sadly it was too long ago (last winter :o( ) for me to remember the number of stitiches I used and what needles.
I best start keeping a little notebook of this sort of information.

p.s. I used the second pattern on the page. Although if you want to learn a hat with cables the first one looks easy breezy!

**********

I am just a bundle of nerves.

I can't remember the last time I felt like this.



"I feel the greatest gift we can give to anybody is the gift of our honest self."
Mr. Rogers


Well. I hope he's right. Cause it's all I got.


***********

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison


The follies which a man regrets most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. ~Helen Rowland


Opportunities are never lost; someone will take the one you miss. ~Author Unknown


Any other wise words to give me courage this weekend?

Thanks!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.