Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In our wintery world of black and white and grey it is pure joy
to find the colors, wherever they may be.



"I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns."
Winston Churchill (1874-1965) British politician.


Happy Bokeh Wednesday!
"Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? no."
~Picasso



20080216_4633.jpg-2


20080216_4633.jpg-3

20080216_4621


"Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways."
~Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) Irish poet and dramatist.

20080217_4786.jpg-2

See that large portion of blinding white?

Most people would crop that out.

But,

I couldn't get rid of it.


It shines with such glee.
It gives the table and chairs a magical look.
To me it is as happy as Katie's little face.

In this case, it needed to stay.


"Let the sun shine in!!!"


*****

American idol.....discuss.

Can you listen to Paula?

I can not.

I wonder who will go home.

Two this week.

Did you vote?


Encourage one another,
Donna


UPDATE

I tried Ree's Tutorial. Go to her blog to learn a new photoshop technique.

Pioneer Woman


Still crooked.
Here is the original. Not sooc. But how I edited it on Saturday.


20080216_4616 copy.jpg-5
Black and White bay-bee.
I think it is rather nice like this.
Even tho I'm all about color today.

20080216_4616 copy.jpg-4
I like the sky, don't you?

Like any editing, the picture you use is key!
I tried this on some close ups of Katie and and I wasn't feelin' it.

This landscape seemed more suited to it.

You just don't know until you try :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.