Monday, February 11, 2008

Week Six of the 52 New Recipes in a Year Challenge.

Chick food from Pioneer Woman's Recipe Blog.

Penne a la Betsy

I'm sorry, but you will have to meander over to Ree's page to see the pictures and watch the prep.

Tomorrow marks two weeks without my camera. I sure hope they send it back this week.

But back to the Penne a la Betsy.

This recipe is rather straight forward and the results were very tasty and unique.
I have never had a tomato cream sauce before and I never cook with shrimp.

(Now! There is a food from my childhood. Shrimp Cocktail. And while I'm at it. Surf and Turf.)


The only thing I can't find on Ree's blog is a recipe card of this particular recipe so I will try to make one up for you
to make things easier.

I had to keep running back and forth to the computer to see what to do next and what amounts to use.
Consider it aerobics.



Penne a la Betsy


1 lb box of Penne Pasta
Raw Shrimp (one pound)
onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 c. white wine
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. cream
basil 6 leaves?
parsley 1 TB
oil,
butter
salt and pepper


Boil water and get pasta started. (Ree says that you will use closer to 3/4 of the box, which I did)
Saute raw shrimp in olive oil and butter just until it is pink. Don't over cook. Set aside.
Dice a large onion and start to saute in olive oil and butter also.
Press two garlic cloves right into the cooking onions.
After a few minutes add the wine. Reduce. (Simmer for a while)
Add tomato sauce. Simmer a bit.
Turn down the burners to low.
Add the cream.
Dice parsley and basil. Add to the sauce.

Pour this creamy goodness over the noodles. Mix it up and salt and pepper it.




********

So tell me, did you watch Pride and Prejudice on Masterpiece Theater?

It is so beautifully delicious, I can't look away.

I had forgotten that Lizzy declares such a strong 'like' for Wickham to her sister.
Oh. He is a cad. And I don't even think he's cute.
Ick.


I was especially disappointed with Mr. Darcy when he snubs Collins so awfully.
Even if he is a bore, that was really poorly done.


Is anyone watching this for the first time?

Please, tell us your first impressions.







And stay tuned.

Darcy stops grimacing.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.