Thursday, July 28, 2011

Movies I make my kids watch.

These movies are part of our family history. They bond us a little.

My father made me watch two movies that I can remember; Fiddler on the Roof and King of Kings.
I remember them both vividly.
Fiddler gave me insight to my Dad. This movie about family and struggle and love touched him and he took us to the opening in downtown Chicago.
King of Kings touched my soul.
My dad did that and it is a wonderful memory I cherish.

It was only natural that I would gather round the kids and share with them my favorites.


1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
2. Fiddler on the Roof
3. To Kill a Mockingbird
4. The Princess Bride
5. Singing in the Rain
6. The Jerk
7. Parenthood
8. Schindler's List
9. On Golden Pond


We have watched and enjoyed many more movies...but these are my intentional picks.
Emma and I have a super long list of beloved Jane Austen movies and romantic comedies that we hold dear.
But I can not say that the boys have seen all of those. Or any.

I'd like to add Gone with the Wind and The Bad Seed to the list but I am not sure we are 4/4.


That's what we watched around here. Those are our movies.

What movies do you love so well that you make sure your children sit down to watch them with you?


******



DSC_6463-6



Patrick called Katie and I outside to see the odd clouds last night.
Aren't they pretty?

Happy Thursday.
If it's not rained out, tonight is Katie's final softball game.
August is right around the corner.

My! Things come and go so quickly here...

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.