Thursday, July 07, 2011

DSC_3966-7
zoooooom....


"My! things come and go so quickly here."

That's what Dorothy says when she arrives in Oz.
That apparently is NOT true of the car owners who read Quiet Life.

What a great group of folks.
Hanging on. Keeping those babies running.
I am seriously impressed!

And now feel like a spoiled brat.

But spoiled brats don't feel as thankful as I do. So we can cross off the brat part.

I am a little spoiled.

Delicate flower that I am.

ha.


But other than the feeling spoiled part, it is nice to be among fellow slow pokes;
Slowing making changes and slowly spending money and slowly making do.

The Civic is lovely, Hubble.
ha.
It is cool and clean and quiet.
We are thankful and relieved.


And when I saw this quote this morning, I thought of all my friends and acquaintances who are learning to
take better pictures...
and you know everyone wants to be really good, right now.

But, just like everything we do in life, we improve with practice.

(Well... except me and snow skiing. That was, for some odd reason, not the case.)


Le_baiser_de_l_h_tel_de_ville


'Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.'
-Henri Cartier-Bresson


One of my favorite images of all time.
Bet this couple didn't even have a car.
It is Paris after all.



Thanks for all the encouragement :o)

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.