Friday, August 24, 2012

Flash Back Friday-Seven

155454_10150802505067733_631485916_n

The Glymans.
Jim and Esther's children.


As I was telling my new doctor my family health history on Wednesday, I mentioned that my parents died when I was young.  She was curious and asked how.  I said 'car accident'.  She wondered what happened next.  I told her that Nancy (and her new husband) became our guardians.  She was astonished.  She has four boys. She was sure they would self destruct.
I don't know about that...
But I explained that we were good kids.
We just were.
That one of the relatives probably should have stepped in...
but we wanted Nancy.
Nancy felt 'called' to do this even tho she was only twenty years old.

The doctor asked what Nancy was doing now.
I said, very well, she is a Grandma of two.
(because, of course, that is the important part)

She thought I should write a book.

It is a remarkable story.  I agree.

Funny thing, our parents weren't intentionally teaching us to be survivors
but somehow we were.

I think it was their love of life and their love of us.

We honor them with our lives.
Our stories honor their story.

Seven beautiful stories of love and family.





One Seventh,
Donna