Thursday, August 23, 2012

I used to be a big dreamer.
I would sit in our backyard by the pool in the bouncy chair and dream and dream and dream and bounce and bounce and bounce.  Then I grew up a little and got married and we started a family.
At a certain point the dreaming so much about things started to grow into discontent.
Looking at house decorating magazines and house building magazines was bad for me.
So I stopped.
I needed to live in the present with my little children and my little house in our small town in northeast Wisconsin.  Living in a cottage on the ocean or a farmhouse on a hill just wasn't going to happen and I had to be okay with that.  And I learned to be okay with that.

Dreams can come true if you make them your goal in life.
My real desire and practical dream was being able to stay at home with our children.
That I got to do and I will never regret it.
The sacrifices were many and I don't regret those either.
I didn't mind learning to be frugal.
It was worth it.
Our children shared rooms and wore hand me downs.
I think that's good for them.
I wore the same denim jumper until it had holes in it.
I didn't care.

So I guess the grand houses and perfect rooms were really not my most important dream.
Cause if they were, I would have figured out how to go out there and get it.  Cause that's what you have to do.  Dreams without any passion and sacrifice and hard work will never be more than a dream.

My passion has always been my family.  I attribute this to losing our parents when we did.
It changes you.

So now this is what I dream about....

Source: flickr.com via Donna on Pinterest


Here comes Yaya!!!


I feel like a cross between the runaway bunny's mom and Daniel Day Lewis....


Once there was a little bunny who wanted to run away.
So he said to his mother, "I am running away."
"If you run away," said his mother, "I will run after you.
For you are my little bunny."

Margaret Wise Brown


"I will find you."


You will know that I worked hard and sacrificed a lot
if you ever do see me driving that Airstream.
It will not just materialize.
Unfortunately.

But is it okay if I cross my fingers and make a wish?


Encourage one another,
Donna