Friday, December 04, 2009

I am blessed.

My tour of duty with the DoT ended yesterday afternoon and as I drove into the hamlet known as Verona the snow was
falling. Hard.

No snow in Madison. Blizzard in Verona.

I pulled in the driveway and enjoyed the quite flakes.

DSC_0333-2


Snow, when sitting in the house or on the slopes is heaven.
But it is a real devil when you are on the road.

Today I just need to make the trip to school twice and for that I am thankful.


DSC_0347-2DSC_0338-2DSC_0348-2DSC_0349-2


Camera: Nikon D700
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture: f/1.6
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 400

Katie dashed and darted and shoveled and slid.

It's sure nice to have a little girl around,
to shovel and be joyful.


*****


Do you like to ski?
Where is your favorite place to ski?
Emma just bought a snowboard. Have you tried that?
What is your favorite hot toddy?
I wonder if that is how you spell toddy.



Happy Snowy Friday!!!


SNOW

The fenceposts wear marshmallow hats
On a snowy day;
Bushes in their night gowns
Are kneeling down to pray-
And all the trees have silver skirts
And want to dance away.

~Dorothy Aldis



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.