Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Old film camera vs. new digital camera.

My experience.

Well. It was dire.

My film camera is totally manual.
Focus. Metering. Advancing.

I remember putting it aside in 1982. But I forgot the main reason.
I thought the main reason I put my Minolta on a shelf was because I could not keep up with my little
baby Patrick with the manual focus.

But as I pick up my camera and shoot a roll, I remember that the light meter is broken, too.

If the light meter is broken, then you can not expose your pictures.

So I shot a roll of film starting last spring and I finally took it in to be developed.

I took it to Walmart. Back in the day, I was happy with Walmart film processing.
And actually they did not mess it up.

It was I that did all the messing up.

You see, I didn't know if every picture would turn out totally white or totally black or half and half.
I did not know what was going to happen so I went the el cheapo route and used Walmart.

It was an experiment.

And now I know. The pictures stink, stank, stunk.

I got the exposure correct on a few pictures (I used my digital camera as a light meter)
But the rest are really a big fat mess.

DSC_2194-3


I don't think I will bother with trying to repair the camera. I thought I might like to do that.

But gosh. I would rather get images like this...


DSC_3240-2


DSC_1054-2


DSC_7593-2tt

DSC_4194-2

DSC_4116-2bw


I think I love my Nikon.



If you would like to go and see what inspired me to try my film camera again.

Check out:

Jose Villa Jose Villa

Jessica Claire Jessica shoots film for a change




Jessica has been dabbling in film. What until you see her astonishingly gorgeous images!


They know how to use their FILM camera!!!! Very well!!!

Enjoy the beauty. So inspiring!



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.