Tuesday, January 12, 2010

11/365

She doesn't even really want a pair of my hand knit socks.
They feel weird, she says.

But I will continue to knit.

My grandma just knit a long scarf-like object. It wasn't for anyone.
I don't remember her making gifts.

She knit to knit.

I like that I am like my sweet grandma.
Her name was Julia.


I like to do things with my hands.

I like to: cross stitch, needlepoint, quilt, knit and play Tetris on my Gameboy.

When I am watching television, which is often, I am always doing something with my hands.


But guess what I just realized. You can't knit or play Tetris when you are watching a foreign film.
I have so many foreign films in my Netflix queue...what's a girl to do?


I have taken all of your great advice about getting your children to drink water to heart!
Thank you!

Katie now is told to drink water before she drinks a Capri Sun and
She is carrying a Chapstick in her pocket and taking it to school.

I bought her some bottled water that I will put in containers we have around the house for now.

It's a step in the right direction and I appreciate your wonderful ideas!


DSC_1867-23


“She has a wonderful vitality and a natural optimism. That’s the best medicine anyone could have.”
The Bells of St. Marys


This morning on the way to school Katie and I talked about having a positive attitude.
A positude, I told her.

I told her being enthusiastic and positive would get her everywhere.

Being a Debbie Downer would get her no where.


And that's what we talked about on the way to school.


I think about this a lot.

In business and life and love and influence....

Be ye positive.

"The people, who were trying to make this world worse are not taking a day off, how can I ? Light up the darkness.”
I Am Legend


"I think we can't go around measuring our goodness by what we don't do, by what we deny ourselves, what we resist, and who we exclude. I think we've got to measure goodness by what we embrace, what we create, and who we include.”
Chocolat


“Life is to give, not to take.”
Les Miserables (1935)




Positively Yours,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.