Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday.








When you go to a church that follows the church
calendar you learn certain phrases and verses....
In fact one of the songs we sang before the collection was

Create in me a clean heart O God
and renew a right spirit in me
Cast me not away from your presence
and take not the Holy Spirit from me
Restore unto me
the joy of Thy salvation
and uphold me with
Thy Free Spirit

Not until years later did I know that was a Psalm.
It's Psalm 51:10

I always liked the words and the tune.

It's a Psalm of reliance, self awareness and desire to be closer to God.

It's a good Psalm to have hidden in your heart....that you can draw up and reflect upon.


We also sang or chanted,

Lamb of God
You take away the sins of the world.

Have mercy on us.

Lamb of God
You take away the sins of the world

Hear our prayer.



Every line a reminder of the who He is
and what He has done
for me and for you.



I know that you can sit in church and hear those words
over and over without accepting their truth.
I do understand that.


But since I was young,
I have taken it to heart
and just yesterday I was reminded
by my big brother

to keep the faith.




It is a good weekend to reflect and remember
and sing joyfully to our Risen Lord.




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.