Wednesday, April 14, 2010






If you could have seen me yesterday, you
would have thought I'd lost it.

You see, I am on a mission.
My mission is to scare away the piggy grackles from my bird feeders
so that the pretty birds can visit without fear.

How am I accomplishing this mission?

I am runny to the back door and slapping my hand on the window pane or shouting at them.
"Go Away!"

Yes. I have officially gone eccentric.
I am not exaggerating when I say that I dashed to the sliding glass door 30 times yesterday.

And as Dr. Phil would say,
"How is that working for you?"

And I must say, it's working pretty well.

The Grackles flee and moments later a pair of house finches or goldfinches or cardinals alight
on my feeding station and munch away.
It's such a delight to see the pretty birdies.

Why don't I like the grackles?
They are bullies and they eat too much.

Yup. I am getting a nice little workout flying thru the house
to chase away the grackles.
It may seem nutty, but I think it may be working.


p.s. isn't it odd to think that Robins are carnivores/omnivores?


*****

Janet is having surgery tomorrow.
She is having her ailing gall bladder removed.
Please pray that all goes well with the procedure and that she heals quickly and well.

Thank you!



******


DSC_5705-2

The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
~Robert Frost


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.