Saturday, April 17, 2010

DSC_6082-3


My first Workshop for inspired beginners is one week from today!

I can't wait to meet the women who are coming.
I can't wait to help them learn their cameras and settings better and
and I can't wait to show them how to find the light.

It's going to be so much fun......and fun is good.

DSC_6088-3

Last night at 5:30 just as we were going to the spring dance, I thought I would snap a few shots of Katie.
She looked so pretty and she was so excited to go.

This setting doesn't always have the best light.
But last night at 5:30 it was perfection.

I didn't even edit these pictures.
Well. I sharpened a tiny bit. But gosh. I wish I could shoot in that light every time I took a picture!

That light, that beautiful, splendid light.



******


Keep a Quiet Heart is a little book that has been by my side for over ten years.
Elisabeth Elliot shares her stories and lessons throughout.

This morning I will share with you some of Elisabeth's thoughts on trust she learned from
missionary Amy Carmichael:


"Some of you are perhaps feeling that you are voyaging just now on a moonless sea.
Uncertainty surrounds you. There seem to be no signs to follow. Perhaps you feel about to be engulfed by loneliness. There is no one to whom you can speak of your need. Amy Carmichael wrote of such a feeling when, as a missionary of twenty-six, she had to leave Japan because of poor health, then travel to China for recuperation, but then realized God was telling her to go to Ceylon.

"All along, let us remember, we are not asked to understand, but simply to obey...
'And only Heaven is better than to walk with Christ at midnight, over moonless seas--'
I couldn't feel frightened then. Praise Him for the moonless seas--all the better the opportunity
for proving Him to be indeed the El Shaddai, 'the God who is Enough.'"

Let me add my own word of witness to hers and to that of the tens of thousands who have learned that He is indeed Enough.
He is not all we would ask for (if we were honest), but it is precisely when we do not have what we ask for, and only then, that
we can clearly perceive His all-sufficiency. It is when the sea is moonless that the Lord has become my Light."




From my moonless sea to yours,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.