Monday, April 26, 2010

DSC_5220-crnew



"I can never lose one
whom I have loved unto the end;
one to whom my soul cleaves so firmly
that it can never be separated
does not go away
but only goes before."

St. Bernard of Clairvaux


DSC_6546-barshot
cindy, cousin diana, donna, susie
circa 1961





********


DSC_5108cr

After the wedding last summer I made a book called The Seven of Us for my sibs.
I did not include this picture because it was blurry and the color was so, shall we say, warm.

This morning I spotted it in my folder and knew that The Seven of Us needed to see this lovely picture
of our Sue and her beloved husband Keith.

Keith took beautiful care of Sue.
How Keith cared for Sue was the most beautiful act of love I have ever seen in my life.


And our precious Cindy was our eyes and ears (as Jim calls her) thru it all.
She was also our words and our lips and our love.

She would whisper sweet nothings to Sue and kiss her every day. A kiss from each of us.
And Susie would count.

DSC_5521-2cr

peas and carrots



DSC_5392-2 copy

The seven of us.
forever and ever amen



And while it does not feel like it right now....

I am comforted by the words of the Apostles' Creed and by these simple words;


All shall be well, and
all shall be well, and
all manner of things shall be well.


~Julian of Norwich



I want you to know that I have read every word and prayer you all have sent, both
here and on facebook and in the email.

I know those prayers are lifting us up and lightening our burden.
I am truly thankful for them.

Please continue to pray for Keith and Wes, Kurt and Jeff.

Encourage one another,
Donna


Love you
Mean it
~sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.