Monday, September 13, 2010

DSC_6323-3

I used these ingredients this weekend to make the most delicious and fresh salad.

Thank you Claire Robinson from 5 ingredient Fix....I love your style.

It was called Fresh Cucumber Salad.

• 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
• 1 cup (1/4 whole) honeydew, finely diced
• Kosher salt
• 2 cups Greek yogurt
• 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced

I used ½ of a large English cucumber, two cups of honeydew,
yogurt to cover and a teeny bit of jalapeno. I am a wimp when it comes to spicy.

Try it. You'll like it!


Carrie came to town on Saturday.

The two girls were scarce for about an hour and when they came downstairs they said they had a play for me.


The Grandpa and his 5 year old grand-daughter.


DSC_6327-2

First Act. Grandpa teaches his little grand daughter how to smoke a pipe. (Yes they said pipe and I said, those look like cigars.)

DSC_6334-2


Second and Third Acts:Grandpa taught his sweet little grand daughter how to play poker and all about the Green Bay Packers.

DSC_6332-23

Final Act: 5 year old teaches Grandpa how to play Barbies.

The End.


I said to the girls, Grandpa forgot to teach you how to drink!
To this Carrie said, I was drinking when I was playing poker!
"I was drinking the Mountain Dew I won playing poker!"


Neither of the girls have a grandpa like this....

We just love their active imaginations!!!




“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”
~Albert Einstein



When you are describing,
A shape, or sound, or tint;
Don't state the matter plainly,
But put it in a hint;
And learn to look at all things,
With a sort of mental squint.
~Lewis Carroll




DSC_6183



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.