Thursday, March 10, 2011

Let's talk about American Idol, shall we?


I have already told you how much I love the judges. A funny thing happened last night,
Steven and Jenifer told Lauren (first one to sing) that she should have given it more 'umph'...
and she almost cried.

After that. It was pretty much kid gloves all over again.


I do have some major differences of opinions. I really don't see the same things they see
and I wonder if it is the difference between seeing them live and seeing them on television.

Here goes.....



• LAUREN ALAINA (“Any Man of Mine” by Shania Twain) –
I love this young girl. She is the cute blonde with a great voice.
The judges have compared her to Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson.
Last night the judges felt she held back. I kind of agreed.
But I love Shania Twain.


• CASEY ABRAMS (“With a Little Help From My Friends” by Joe Cocker)
This guy is so genuine and talented and unique.
Casey is the curly headed guy with the cello. I love him.
I don't know if he can be a big time recording star that will pull in the big bucks.
I don't know where he will fit....
but gosh....he is so talented and entertaining!





It was all about feeling the song, the emotions last night.

He really never hits the wrong note. Talent.


• ASHTHON JONES (“When You Tell Me That You Love Me” by Diana Ross)

This song hurt my ears. She may go home tonight.


• PAUL McDONALD (“Come Pick Me Up” by Ryan Adams) –

This skinny dude with pretty eyes and teeth is a kick.
He dances weird and sings funny.
BUT I like him. I like his awkward dancing. He is different.

However, he needs more power behind his vocals.

He is the Olivia Newton John of the American Idol Stage.

"I love you. I honestly love you."

He was a bit too wispy for me last night.


PIA TOSCANO (“All By Myself” by Celine Dion)

This is one beautiful girl with a good voice.
When I watch her I feel like I am watching Miss America.



• JAMES DURBIN (“Maybe I’m Amazed” by Paul McCartney) –

I liked it. This boy has 'it'.



• HALEY REINHARD (“Blue” by LeAnn Rimes) –

While I'm not crazy for Haley's look (another Miss American contestant) I loved how her voice sounded singing
Blue. What a cool song.


• JACOB LUSK (“I Believe I Can Fly” by R. Kelly)

Here is where I am going to make enemies. I swear this dude never hits the right note.
Is it just me?


• THIA MEGIA (“Smile” by Michael Jackson) –

She is pretty and sweet and has a great voice.
Very poor song choice. She is 16 year old. This is Jerry Lewis music.
I bet she doesn't even know who Jerry Lewis is.


• STEFANO LANGONE (“Lately” by Stevie Wonder) –

Now. I thought this was good. Stefano is cute and all....
But why is Jenifer so in love with him?

She thinks he is the best thing in the world....and I think he is okay.

Perhaps he has charisma and I just can't feel it?

Does he charis you?

(Name that movie. This is very obscure if you get this one. Very!!!)



• KAREN RODRIGUEZ (“I Could Fall in Love” by Selena) –

ZZZZZZZZZ



• SCOTTY McCREERY (“The River" by Garth Brooks)

I think Scotty has an amazing voice. I like his choice of music.
I can get over the fact that he looks exactly like Alfred E. Newman.

What I am really struggling with is that he is copying a style of singing that is annoying me.
He throws in a huge twang. He sings out of the side of his mouth. He dips real low.

I don't know if it is Randy Travis he is copying or Josh Turner.

There was a moment where he raised his arm and looked up and I liked it.
He seemed to have forgotten to act and instead was himself. There is hope for this young kid,
he just needs to be himself!!!




I don't think the judges know Josh.


• NAIMA ADEDAPO (“Umbrella" by Rihanna)

Another one where you are all going to hate me.
This girl may have style...but she can not sing well.



****


Feel free to educate me. Tell me I'm wrong.
But still....be sweet.

I can dish it out....
but I can't take it.


****

In other Telly news.

Survivor is good.
When Oh! when will Phillip go?


I don't care for the Housewives of Miami.
That mama Elsa creeps me out, big time.
Her botoxed face and bad plastic surgery are the elephant in the room that no
one seems to notice or mention!!! I have to look away.


Bethanny Ever After is my favorite.
I love Bethanny and think she needs to come here to read this blog.
I want to comfort her.
Girl is dark and twisty but very lovable and funny.
Funny covers a multitude of sins doesn't it?


Desperate Housewives. Does anyone watch this?
I cry every week. One of the writers has a tender heart and knows how to tug at
mine with regularity.

Amazing Race is pretty good.
I like Zev and Justin best.


I don't know if I can watch Dancing with the Stars.
The cast. blech.
But I think I say that every time.


I have not watched the Apprentice since the first season.
I am watching this season. I say the cast is the finest reality cast ever assembled...and
I ought to know.


And now. I will go hide.




Encourage one another,
Donna


P.S. I bought two books yesterday. I know, when do I have time to read?
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery and Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen.
Both books were purchased at Target since I couldn't make it to B & N.
Have you read these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.