Thursday, November 03, 2011

DSC_3060

This little Novena card was pressed into my hand at Bible Study yesterday morning. My friend Mary earnestly said, put this on your blog.
It says on the back "Powerful Novena of Childlike Confidence."
This is the Infant of Prague.

We are praying for Amy's husband Mark to get a job. He has been out of work for a year. Amy is a good friend of mine here in Madison. She is loving and hospitable and a real delight. She is always doing for others. She has weathered this storm with quietness. Her husband is a great man, he is a smart and hard worker. He is so personable...every one loves him. He is in construction safety and as you know that industry is hard hit. It is a testiment to how hard times are when a man like this can not find work.

Madeline, a retired kindergarten teacher, listened in as we chatted with Amy about her dental bill which is weighing heavily on her right now. Madeline immediately said, have you prayed to St. Jude and the Infant of Prague? She went to her purse and brought out these little cards.

Madeline said when she had cancer years ago she sent a note to her classroom parents. She said she didn't need meals or help at home, all she requested was that families say this prayer. She has faith in prayer. She was healed.

And so I share this novena/prayer with respect and love.

Here is the prayer on the back;


O Jesus, Who hast said, ask and
you shall receive, seek and you shall find,
knock and it shall be opened to you,
through the intercession of Mary,
They Most Holy Mother, I knock,
I seek, I ask that my prayer be granted.

(Make your request)

O Jesus, Who hast said,
all you ask of the Father in My Name,
He will grant you through
the Holy intercession of Mary,
Thy Most Holy Mother, I humbly and
urgently ask Thy Father in Thy Name
that my prayer be granted.

(Make your request)

O Jesus, Who hast said "Heaven
and earth shall pass away but My
word shall not pass", through the
intercession of Mary, Thy Most
Holy Mother, I feel confident that my
prayer will be granted.

(Make your request)


****


Saying Grace Norman Rockwell
"Saying Grace" by Norman Rockwell


"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
Matthew 18:20




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.