Thursday, March 31, 2005

Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen!




Emma is sixteen today!
She delights in getting older! She has so much to look forward to; independence, new experiences, fashion, fun!

I know hardship builds character...but I won't wish that for her.
(Character building comes without wishing)

I wish for her carefree days, true friends, family-love, deep faith and interesting adventures.

And laughter. Lots of laughter.

_________

I remember being sixteen...very well.
Life was not carefree for me anymore...but I had everything else!

faith...family...fun...

These are the things that helped me weather the hardships along the way.
All three of them.
Without faith...well, forget it.
Without family...loneliness...
Without fun...dreary my deary.

A cheerful heart is good medicine...
Proverbs 17:22


So party on dudes! Be excellent to one another :o)

Celebrate! (good times, common)

And Cathy R. if you happen to read this, my childhood friend...Happy Birthday to you too, sweetie :o)

Donna (Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.