1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times.
The Wizard of Oz
Every single year when spring time rolled around, The Wizard of Oz was shown on television. The stations played it early, around 6:00 so the kiddies could watch it.
This was before home video, so the only way to see The Wizard of Oz was to watch it each spring on television.
For me, it was a very special event.
The magical change over from black and white to color.
And the witch with her absolutely green, scary face.
One of our children asked me how many times I had seen this movie.
And well...I think it may be over 30 times...easily.
2. Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
Rocky and Gone with the Wind
3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.
5. Name a movie you can and do quote from.
Parenthood, The Wizard of Oz, Rocky, The Princess Bride.
6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Oklahoma, West Side Story, Singin in the Rain, The Wizard of Oz, Camelot,
Fiddler on the Roof....
7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with.
Fiddler on the Roof
8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
To Kill a Mockingbird.
Older Scout: [narrating] Neighbors bring food with death, and flowers with sickness, and little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap dolls, a broken watch and chain, a knife, and our lives.
One time Atticus said you never really knew a man until you stood in his shoes and walked around in them; just standin' on the Radley porch was enough. The summer that had begun so long ago had ended, and another summer had taken its place, and a fall, and Boo Radley had come out.
I was to think of these days many times. Of Jem, and Dill, and Boo Radley, and Tom Robinson, and Atticus. He would be in Jem's room all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning.
9. Name a movie you own.
The first VHS I ever owned was The Princess Bride.
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in?
We went to see The Pink Panther and The Island of the Blue Dolphins at the drive-in in Hayward Wisconsin. Must have been the 60's.
13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet.
14. Ever walked out of a movie? Which one?
Yes. Taxi Driver.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
How about in an airplane.
The Pursuit of Happyness and Charlotte's Web.
Love it. Butter of course.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
We used to go every weekend.
Now we go three or four times a year.
18. What's the last movie you saw in a movie theater?
Charlotte's Web. Patrick and I took Katie.
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Romantic Comedies. Especially with Hugh Grant.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
I am almost sure the first movie I ever say was with my mother and sisters...
at the Oak Brook theater....
I know we had this album, too.
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
I blame Roger Ebert.
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
Rosemary's Baby. The most awful premise ever.
Alien. Really good and scary.
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
There are hundreds of great, funny lines.
Almost every line Steve Martins utters is perfection.
It is a stellar script and a perfect cast!
Come on...a guy names his kid, Cool.
Feel free to take this meme to your own blog and fill it out, bay-bee.
I would like to know from ya'll;
What is the funniest movie you have ever seen?
What movie do you recommend everyone see?
What is the first movie you remember seeing?
Name a movie you can quote from...
and quote something :o)
Share the movie love!
"I happen to like the roller coaster!"
"Yo, Adrian, it's me, Rocky"
"The happiest days are when babies are born, Cpt. Butler"
And one of the most romantic lines I have ever heard,
Rhett Butler: No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.
Encourage one another,