Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday's Feast



Appetizer

Invent a new flower; give it a name and describe it.

Soup

Name someone whom you think has a wonderful voice.

Salad

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how clean do you keep your car?

Main Course

How do you feel about poetry?

Dessert

What was the last person/place/thing you took a picture of?


20080402_7981-4

I do not write the questions...and was their any doubt what my last picture would be of?



*******


I love poetry that I can understand.


For Our Children

Father, hear us, we are praying,
Hear the words our hearts are saying,
We are praying for our children.

Keep them from the powers of evil,
From the secret, hidden peril,
From the whirlpool that would suck them,
From the treacherous quicksand, pluck them.

From the worldling's hollow gladness,
From the sting of faithless sadness,
Holy Father, save our children.

Through life's troubled waters steer them,
Through life's bitter battle cheer them,
Father, Father, be Thou near them.
Read the language of our longing,
Read the wordless pleadings thronging,
Holy Father, for our children.

-Amy Carmichael, from "For Our Children."




********

Favorite voices:


Speaking- My sisters voices. They are rich in their sound and memories.




Singing voice- Today it is this...and while I am at it, I am posting the whole seven minutes of this movie,
because Lynn can now watch it....and because I think it is the very finest in film making.

From Empire of the Sun.

The little boy is Christian Bale.

He is conjugating Latin at the very end.






*******

I went on quite a youtube rabbit trail and used up all my blogging time.

I went thinking of Frank Sinatra, then watched a few Funny Girl songs (which are very entertaining) and ended up with The Empire of the Sun.

That youtube, it's a dangerous place.




Please, do share your poems with us!!! I would love to hear them.

And post pictures and videos on your blogs of your last pictures and favorite voices.

Leave me a note. I promise to stop by.


Happy Friday Friends!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.