Monday, April 28, 2008

Puppy Chow, the snack for people.



20080427_9204-2


Puppy Chow is what I have always called it. I think my sister Cindy was the first to make it.

On the back of my Chex cereal box I have the recipe I can share.

Funny thing is, it is called Muddy Buddies.

Muddy Buddies?

I kind of think Crispix invented this snack, but the recipe was not on the Crispix box. But it was on the Chex box.

Okay, I have solved the mystery already.

Crispix, indeed, calls this Puppy Chow.

Here are both of the recipes.

CRISPIX PUPPY CHOW (SIMILAR TO CHEX
MUDDY BUDDIES)
1 12 oz box Crispix cereal
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (Hershey's recommended)
1 cup peanut butter (jiffy recommended)
5 tbsp. butter (Parkay recommended)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (16 oz. or 1 lb.) powdered sugar
1. Pour out cereal into large bowl and set aside.
2. In 1-qt. saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour mixture slowly over cereal while stirring with a spatula to evenly coat. Pour into a 2-gallon resealable plastic storage bag or grocery bag. Add powdered sugar slowly. Shake until well coated. Spread onto wax paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Share with someone you love.




CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW
9 cup Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.


So. Here is what I have decided. I will make the one with whole box from now on.

I like that idea.

20080427_9208-2


********


After making Puppy Chow, I went to the Madison Youth Choirs concert.

It was called Greek to Me. It was very enjoyable: the voices beautiful and the skits cute.

I went because Lynn's boys were singing.

It was really a fine production!

So. Surprise Lynn. I was there.

I loved when all the choirs were singing together. Very beautiful.

And if you will....share with us the words to the giraffe song. It was very cute. And in English ;o)


********

While I was away, Patrick was playing Mr. Mom and went to get Leonie and Sophia to play with Katie.

Happy Day!

They went in search of frogs...

20080427_9224

They caught a tadpole.



20080427_9222-2 copy

I love this high key black and white, but I can't use it on Katie because of her freckles.
Folks aways give me gruff when I erase those freckles.

But Sophia looks so pretty like this!


********



I watched two movies this weekend. (You know, it should probably be "last weekend" but it feels wrong to say it that way, so I will stick with "this weekend.")

I will tell you about them tomorrow.


Hope your weekend was relaxing or refreshing or productive, or whatever you hoped it would be.

Here is a quote from one of the movies we watched.

Happiness only real when shared.


Don't google. Can you guess?



Encourage one another,
Donna


No!!!!!!!!


No!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.