Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Idols and Losers and Dancers, Oh! My!


The fact that those three shows are on at the same time proves one thing.

Television. It's not about us.

It's about money.

It is not about us.

That is the Quiet Life wisdom for today.



Idols.

I have a confession to make. Remember how I said I didn't like "And I....ye....I.......ye....I..... will always love ye-ooooo."

And I was dreading who would sing it....

Well. It was my favorite song of the night. Pretty much.

I loved Sayesha's performance and I loved her voice and I watched it twice and thought it was so sad that the judges didn't like it....cause I thought it was amazing. But I forgot to vote. I hope she has enough votes to stay. Even tho I dropped the ball.


So.

Do you still think David Cook is bald?


And have I told you that I love that Coat of Many Colors song?
The words just make me cry.

But Kristi didn't make me cry. She smiled real big at one point and I thought it was all wrong.


And Brooke, I liked everything about her last night. She sang Joleen.

I like that song. Don't you?


*******

Dancing. The Elimination.

So long Steve.


******


Biggest Sob Fest aka Biggest Loser.


Really. Please stop crying.


I loved the hike up the bridge. But I think it was scary!

The "mini-triathalon" was a killer. I think I would puke.

And Mark did a really cool thing sharing the win with Ali.

Really Cool, Mark.


So, here is what I am thinking.....

In order to win, you have to lose about 50% of your weight. (If you think back at past episodes.)

So that means Mark would have to get down to 140 lbs. (Can you say manorexia?)

Roger would have to get to 190. (Good weight for him.)

Kelly would have to get to 135. (Pretty light, but I think she could do this.)

And Ali would have to get to 111. ( Just too light.)


So Roger has the best chance of getting to that 50% spot.

Don't you think?

From the commercials it looks like they are going to change things up and have a popular vote....

Which already has me steaming.


*******

Closer to home, Katie and Carrie played outside in the 45 degrees.

20080401_7756-2

I am a relaxed older mother.

I would NEVER have let one of my older children out in this outfit.

She came in and changed about 1/2 hour later.


Look at her wimpy sword play.

Now, look at Carrie.

Which girl has watched Narnia .....a lot?


20080401_7853

Super fun!


*********

HBW


I am trying super hard to take a back lit shot. It is hard. And I can't do it well yet.

But I just wanted to share....that this is my goal in life.



Taking a shot from above.

I can do.

20080401_7879-2



Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~Les Brown


We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.
~Lloyd Alexander



If Lloyd is right, I must be a genius.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.