Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Five



What are you looking for?
What are you waiting for?
What is someone else waiting for from you?
You know you have a long wait ahead of you at the doctor. What do you bring?
Where can you expect always to wait in a ridiculously long line?


Found at Friday Five.org




*****

Speaking of 'What are you looking for?'....
Lynn, we need to finish up with Hannah Coulter. Soon.
She is waiting. She is suspended in time.

What does Hannah want?

Let's talk soon.


*****

I am reading The Shack.
I am not bothered by how the Trinity is represented.
I thought I would be when Emma mentioned it to me.

I'm skimming it. Haven't read anything very important yet.

It's a little like Lost.


*****


20090225_5520-2

Why it is very important to learn....

20090225_5534-23

How to shoot a backlit shot.

Here is a link to the tutorial I wrote for The Pioneer Woman.


Backlit-photo-in-full-sun



Hey! Katie's science fair went beautifully yesterday!
Each child had to give a presentation to each person who stopped by their 'station'.

Katie said she probably gave her speech thirty-five times.

I bought my camera and two lenses.

I left the memory card at home, attached to the computer.

Katie asked another mother to take her picture.

Good thing for other mothers.

The main emphasis was on learning the scientific method;

Question
Hypothesis
Materials
Procedure
Results
Conclusion
Facts

"There you go" says Katie.


And public speaking.


The teachers involved were so enthusiastic and engaged with the children.
It showed it the children's attitudes. They were having fun and took their presentation seriously.
Every child I visited acted in a mature and poised manner.

Very impressive!


****

Happy End of Feb. all! I know many of you are dreading March....
But just think....it's one month closer to May!


Yes. I am waiting for May. I like May.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.