Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday Drive


Watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and then watching Wisconsin's Rustic Roads has made Patrick and I a little curious about what we could find here in Southern Wisconsin.
We mapped a rustic road a few weeks ago and found it to be little different than almost every road we drive on when we go to see Lynn or Jean in Wi.

And that is actually a good thing. Within five minutes of our home we are driving down rather empty, two lane roads with wide expanses of farm land and forests. And hills with views.


The rustic roads are easy to find. So far, the diners, drive-ins and dives have been a bust.
Not that we couldn't find a place to stop...but we have had some of the worst food EVER.

We may just stick to Madison Magazines "Best of" list from now on.

DSC_1432-1

Yesterday we went to Albany, Wisconsin. Population 1100; a river runs thru it.


DSC_1455-2

The busiest place in town was the canoe and inner-tube rental place.

DSC_1457-2

DSC_1458-2

Patrick would like to take a canoe some day. With me. He thinks this sounds like fun.
The last time I was in a canoe with my girlfriend, we tipped over.
The last time I was on a sail boat, we tipped over.

Still I would do it. It might be fun. I don't think I would bring my camera tho.

DSC_1463

After dinner we stopped by Bacteria Beach, (the beach next to the Henry Vilas Zoo) so Katie could run in the water and do ten-thousand cartwheels. She is also trying to learn how to walk on her hands. I sat in the life guard stand and coached her.

This is what we do.

DSC_1467-2

Then it was time for a quick game of catch.

Patrick is teasing Katie.

She can take it.


Do you see the star necklace Katie is wearing?
That was a garage sale item we picked up as we left for our drive in the morning.
Isn't it cute? It cost fifty cents.


And here is the chair I bought for $ 3.00.
It looks Scandinavian, doesn't it?

DSC_1471

I plan on painting it white or light blue or red. I am sure Lynn has some left over white paint in her arsenal :o)


It was a great day, despite the lunch. Gag, choke, waste of money.
But we had the best time laughing about the waitress' funny remarks.

When the waitress asked Patrick, "Was everything alright?", and he politely said, "Yes."
She said, "Really?"

:o)




Happy memorial day. God bless the wonderful people who have bravely served our country.


Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. I was not wearing plaid shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.