Thursday, August 12, 2010

I've always loved passing on the good things.

My sisters got to listen to me read the good parts in books, out loud to them, because I just had to
share them. I couldn't keep the goodness to myself.

I am not kidding when I say the most wonderful feeling is when I tell someone to read a book...
and they read it and love it like I did.

We are connected for life thru that book. It's odd. But it's true.



I feel pretty much the same way about teaching photography classes.

It is such a joy to teach something I love to students who are so inspired to learn more!


DSC_3417-2

Last week, I had a one on one mentoring session with Heidi.
She had a nanny there to watch her little girl...but she couldn't stay away from all
the learning and fun.


DSC_3458-2

Camera Nikon D700
Exposure 1/8000 sec
Aperture f/1.8
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 400


We worked on full sun/backlit photography.
(Model tip: If your model doesn't like to stand still have them run toward you.
Over and over.)


DSC_3442

Katie came along to model for us....


DSC_3523-2

Exposure 0.001 sec (1/2000)
Aperture f/1.6
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 200

But there were beautiful models all around :o)


And so as I prepare for Workshop #3 on Saturday....I will think about the fun and learning and sharing we will have.
I will not worry about the weather.

There is no sense in worrying about something you have no control over, is there?


DSC_3619-3


Saturday night at the Union.

No worries mon.

No worries.


Guess what my favorite part of this picture is?



Happy cleaning day!


Encourage one another,
Donna


Alright. I can't make you wait. You have been such good guessers....





DSC_3619-34

This curve. I love.

I do love her expression...but this curve just pleases my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.