Monday, January 03, 2011

For Christmas, Patrick's girlfriend, Shelby, gave Katie a gorgeous tutu.

The colors are gorgeous and the skirt is full and fabulous!

So Fantastic

Shelby is happy to make beautiful tutus in all colors and sizes.


I wanted to take some pictures of Katie in the tutu so I could send them to Shelby. I have never wished I had studio space more than when taking these pictures. But the awkward space for this kind of shoot forced me to be creative instead.

DSC_3131-6DSC_3130-7

(I am aware that Katie's head is enormous. 17-55 lens on D700...up close....that's what ya get.)

DSC_3153-6cr

I asked her to spin....


DSC_3153-6cr copy


In which I pay homage to Black Swan.


DSC_3200-3

When we sat down to watch tv....I had to pick my camera up again...

I shot this on manual focus. I was careful to make sure the right parts were out of focus.


DSC_3200-3fp

The two things I like best; I love the light on the pink and orange. I used to hate orange...but now I like it a lot and I love it with pink.
And the curve of her back.


DSC_3194-6

With a little help from Eye Candy Actions...more pink....



*****

You can take no credit for beauty at sixteen. But if you are beautiful at sixty, it will be your soul's own doing.
~Marie Stopes



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.