Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Toms is a very good thing.
It is a shoe company that donates a pair of shoes to a person in need for every pair that they sell.

This pair was only bought less than three months ago.

Katie spent her own money. $68.00 with the tax and shipping.

They have holes in the toes already.


DSC_0618

I was informed on the phone that Toms is having issues with the fabric on these sparkly shoes. I was told to send a picture and information to TOMS. I have not heard back. I hope I hear back. I hope they make it right.

Other people with TOMS shoes find their shoes lasting for years.

I'll let you know how this is resolved.
Hoping for the best and a new pair of shoes.


****

DSC_9323

This is Angie's dog, Dublin.
Am I seeing things or does his nose look like a heart?

DSC_9305

Shooting dog tip.

This picture was shot at 2.5 and I am pretty close to Dublin, as you can see.
Because dogs (like this) have long faces it would have been better if I put my aperture at 4.0 or something around there.
The depth of field is too small with the aperture at 2.5
This makes for a nice blurry background..but also makes Dublin partially out of focus.

Depends on what you are going for.
But remember, if you want all of the dog's face in focus pick a bigger number on your aperture.





***

DSC_9586-4frosting

This is my friend Jessica's daughter. I was warned that she would NOT look at the camera.
And she did not.

Until I spotted a tattoo on her arm. I asked about her 'play' tattoo and she told me it was real.
I asked her if she would like to see my tattoo.

OH MY! Did she look up quick.

***

It was so warm out yesterday that Katie put on her swimsuit and dashed thru the sprinkler!

She wished she had a friend to play with...
But that is an old and tired story.


She is off at school now and even gets to stay for art club today. Hopefully that will fill her
social cup.





I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.
Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.