Thursday, March 25, 2004

City of the Big Shoulders

Come and show me another city with lifted head singing
so proud to be alive and coarse and strong and cunning.

-Carl Sandburg

After living in Namby-Pamby Politically Correct Madison for three years, Chicago's coarseness and big shoulders felt...just right.

But Chicago is not just big and loud. It is beautiful and quiet and filled with memories for us.

"That's where Patrick was born....this is where Cindy was married and there is Aunt Dorothy's building...We stayed up there for our honeymoon."



My favorite critters at the Lincoln Park Zoo! It was gorgeous out!
We are resting up for the long walk back to the hotel. My Chicago Hotel as Katie calls it.



We walked past this mansion on our way...it's not as crooked in real life.



"This is ok...but I'd rather be dangling my feet in the little pool."
-Katie

One town that won't let you down
It's my kind of town.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.