Wednesday, March 03, 2004

On the windowsill



Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is Hatred, let me sow Love.
Where there is Injury, Pardon.
Where there is Doubt, Faith.
Where there is Despair, Hope.
Where there is Darkness, Light, and
Where there is Sadness, Joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much
seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.


This poem was on the windowsill above the sink at our friend's house.
We would read it as we did the dishes.

I'm sure I had not idea what it meant to live in such a way...being a self centered teen...
but I knew it was good.

I read the poem now and see that it is full of theology and goodness,
and I think it deserves a place at my windowsill and in my heart.

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.