Thursday, January 03, 2008

Katie #1 of 2008 :o)
The first of many....

he he

Digital cameras are very forgiving in a sense.
It is free to take fifty shots and save only one.

Some days, I can shoot four pictures of Katie and they are all nice and clear, and I can count her eyelashes, and I am happy.

And then a day like yesterday, when I tried, at two different times, to shoot a sharp, nicely colored shot...and I got thirty gross pictures.

Want to see?

I was trying to shoot something other than a head shot.


20080102_3062
sooc

20080102_3102
sooc

20080102_3102.jpg-2
edited a lot!


Can you see that these three shots are not as crisp as the one on top of the page?
And even tho those are straight out of the camera, there is a grainy coating over them that
drives me wild. And can not be fixed with even the best editing I can muster.




I have decided it is the amount of light.
The right light is what helps the camera work at it's best.

I think.

The snowy shot seemed bright enough, and I even metered Katie's face to try to ignore the snow light.
But it is still grainy. Maybe there was a fog over my lens and I didn't know it.
It sure looks like it.

So icky.


So I show these to all of you who are trying to improve, who have just gotten a camera for Christmas, who really want to learn.

I show em to say....

It takes time and the willingness to learn.
It takes reading and asking and looking and listening.

All my life, things have not come easliy for me. (I am not saying that so you feel sorry for me...I was a late bloomer)
But it has taught me to persevere.

Those smart straight A students who didn't have to study....
I feel sorry for them.

I am not shocked when I hit a bump.

I have been doing it all my life!

So, yesterday, I hit the old grainy photo bump,
but I am determined to figure it out.

And I will.

And I will be so obsessed about it....

I will write this long boring blog about it.

Sorry.



Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
~Newt Gingrich

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
~Albert Einstein



How great is this quote?


Saints are sinners who kept on going.
~Robert Louis Stevenson



What bump are you trying to get over today?


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.