Tuesday, January 15, 2008

20080114_3531-4


I just love Katie's gentle hands in this picture.

As you can see she is becoming very fond of her Emily.



*******

Katie and I have a question.

Emily came with a little photo album. The pictures are loose in the album pocket.

Should Katie glue the pictures to the pages? Or leave it as it is?

I don't know what I am worried about? Probably the permanence of the glue.

What would you do?

*****

Katie was very disturbed when she read on the back of one of her American Girl items....

"Made in China."

"That is not right for an American Girl to be made in China!" she mused.

My thoughts exactly, Katie.


Added Later:

In the little scrapbook is a "Ration Book"
On the back page is a note from Emily's mother, it reads;

Emily, darling girl,
Be tidy. Be good.
Be obedient. Be honest.
And most of all, be
polite and grateful.
Unrationed love,
Mum


********

The last two weeks have had Deacon Tim and Cyndi talking about living; joyfully, fully, abundantly.

You can listen to them each week at Two Edge Talk.

I wanted to share this quote with you that I heard for the first time the other day, on their podcast.


Man Fully Alive is the Glory of God - St. Irenaeus


Fully Alive.

What does that mean?

Does it take a health scare or a death to bring one into fully living?

Is it learned? Or in your genes?

Is it the Holy Spirit?



I think it is probably a combination of all of those...and probably more things that I am not thinking of this morning.

Chime in and add to the things that help us to be Fully Alive, if you would.


I really do think a spirit of thankfulness is key to living fully.

That awareness of what we have been blessed with goes a long way.


Also the awareness of the beauty that surrounds us.

There are people who don't take joy in the birds and the clouds and the wind in the trees.

They don't notice the snowflakes drifting down.

They are too busy and have forgotten how to enjoy the beauty of creation.


Once I was driving along with a person who shall remain nameless,

"Look at the beautiful clouds!" I crowed.

"I liked clouds when I was a kid." He said, without joy.

"Well, I just love them!"

I felt a little like a dope, to be excited about something like clouds at that time.


But hey! You can call me Dopey.

I won't hold in my enthusiasm for the beauty that surrounds me.

I can't!

As I am fond of saying....

Beauty Actually
is all around.


And being Fully Alive would include loving fully and serving fully, too.


I remember when we first moved to the Madison area.
Matthew was so unhappy.
He did not like the high school he was going to. He just did not fit in.

The one bright spot was a day of service he participated in.

He came home happy that day. And I have always remembered it.


And when Emma went to India to serve on the mission team!

I can't imagine being more Fully Alive than when doing something like that!



It's an interesting topic, isn't it?


Tell me what you think!


Oh! I just thought of another one....laughter....

Katie's basketball game made me think of laughter!


But it's your turn to share.

How do you live Fully?



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.