Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday's Feast

Appetizer

When someone smiles at you, do you smile back?

Soup

Describe the flooring in your home. Do you have carpet, hardwood, vinyl, a mix?

Salad

Write a sentence with only 5 words, but all of the words have to start with the first letter of your first name.

Main Course

Do you know anyone whose life has been touched by adoption?

Dessert

Name 2 blue things.



Look!


20080508_0078

I got something in the mail for Mother's Day.

I was so delighted to open it and see the care that went into the packaging.

How I love that simple, pretty blue bow.


Now. What do you think is in the box?

I saw this item on a blog I came across a few weeks ago....
and it just called to me....

It is very unique and very pretty.

There is a small hint on the box as to what it is.

Can you guess???


p.s. I am not going to open it until Mother's day...so I will post a picture in a few days.


******

Any and all comments about Lost, Grey's, Survivor and anything else you watch on Thur. night are very welcome in the comments.

Is anyone still watching Greys?

Lost was especially obscure last night.

Did Hugo say to Ben, "When you killed Locke he was standing right here?"

Am I in a time warp and am I hearing things?

Is Claire a bad guy? Or is she with the dead. Are the dead people helping?
Was the man with the gray hair Jack's father...and Claire's father.

I told you I was confused.

Alright now....the best show of the night for me was Survivor.

I know a lot of you don't watch it. But gosh! It was the biggest ambush EVER on Survivor.

I won't say more here....but beware in the comments for spoilers :o)



**********

Literary gems about Mothers.


Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it cannot be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues -- faith and hope.
~Dickens


"I don't deny that an odd man here and there, if he's caught young and trained up proper, and if his mother has spanked him well beforehand, may turn out a decent being."
~Montgomery, 'Anne's house of dreams.'


"I may be strong-minded, but no one can say I'm out of my sphere now, for woman's special mission is supposed to be drying tears and bearing burdens."
~Alcott


"A startled or surprised look from one of you when I spoke sharply rebuked me more than any words could have done, and the love, respect, and confidence of my children was the sweetest reward I could receive for my efforts to be the woman I would have them copy."
~Alcott

Oh Marmee....



Have a beautiful day....drying tears and bearing burdens....and may the tears be few and the burdens small.

Encourage one another.
Donna

UPDATE

Ree is giving away something grand today....
I can't imagine what it is...

What do you think the grand prize will be???

REE HAS POSTED THE PRIZE!!!

IT IS A Nikon D80. Just like mine.

Go forth and win it. Please!!!


The Amazingly Generous Pioneer Woman

I really hope one of you wins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.