Friday, May 16, 2008

I have decided not to do the Feast today.

Instead, Iet's pretend we are so famous American Express wants to do an ad about YOU.

Have you see those ads? Questions are posed and the celeb fills in the answers.


My name:

childhood ambition:

fondest memory:

wildest dream:

proudest moment:

biggest challenge:

perfect day:

indulgence:

last purchase:

inspiration:

My life:

My card: American Express




I will answer in the comments!



********

Last night while I was watching Ugly Betty, ( Yes, there is a go-to show now that Survivor has concluded.)
Katie came to the screen door with a dandelion. The light was shining on the fuzzy plant, which by the way did not come from out yard, and of course, I grabbed my camera and ran. The back yard was shadow-filled so I went in search of that light.
I didn't have to go far. In the front yard the sun was filtering thru the trees as it was sweetly setting.




20080515_0503lesl


Ya gotta goof around a little when you are eight.


20080515_0500-fc

Can I tell you how much I love my camera and the lenses I have.

I love them so much.

Look at the hair on Katie's arm and the hair on her upper lip.

And the light and the color.

I love my camera.



20080515_0513awmjobw2

This one needed a go at black and white.

The light on her face and on the dandelion is glorious.

*****


"Oh dandelion, yellow as gold,
What do you do all day?"
"I just wait here in the tall green grass
Till the children come out to play."

Oh dandelion, yellow as gold,
What do you do all night?"
"I wait and wait til the cold dews fall
And my hair grows long and white."

"And what do you do when your hair is white
And the children come out to play?"
"They take me up in their dimpled hands
And blow my hair away."

~Rod and Staff Publishers




********


LOST

I just want to know why they are not telling the truth about the island.
That's all.

And how funny was that line,

"Jesus Christ is not a weapon."


I really have to catch up on the other seasons.

Any thoughts?

On anything?

Don't forget to Answer the American Express questions!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.